Sunday, October 01, 2006

"Baked" Rice

I have some pizza fixing left but no more dough. I was just too hungry to wait for new dough so I made what you may called Pizza Rice. I sauteed some onion, pepperoni, mushroom then added tomato sauce. I topped the rice with this and then mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses before passing it all under the broiler. This is a popular cooking method in Hong Kong's "western" style (some call it soy sauce continental) restaurants. They usually use some sauce--tomato, Bolognese, Bechamel, curry, for example--and some meat and vegetables, cheesed or not, then browned in the oven right before serving. A pretty nice way to eat and I found a good way to use leftovers.

2 comments:

sixty-five said...

I'm going to try this!

Unknown said...

Let me know how it works out for you, sixty-five.