Monday, February 08, 2010

Guatemala Acatenenango Finca La Soledad

Guatemala Acatenenango Finca La Soledad

Balance is an usually a good thing but it can also mean uninspiring. Everything where it should be, nothing out weighting anything else, completely textbook, those praises that can as easily be the opposite. This is a very balanced coffee; sweetness, acidity, bitterness are all there but nothing dominates. It is full, flavourful and even complex, but there is no unique defining character, unless balance is it. Still, it is a very enjoyable cup, at Full City, just before 2nd crack, I find that it does some interesting thing going for it, it has a lovely roasted maltiness to it that reminds me of the sweetness of a good cigar. I don't like it like I like a fine Yirgacheffe or Sulawesi, but if I want warm and comfort this may very well be it.

No comments: