Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Unchop

Seems like I still can't get out of the pork world yet.  I was lazy and didn't want to go shopping today.  While staring at the fridge, I found only some ground pork.  To be quick, I made some zhajiang 炸醬 for noodles to calm the hunger.  Zhajiang is one of those things that is all over East Asia, no matter if you are in different parts of China, Korea or Japan, you find this sauce made with pork and the local favourite bean sauces, Korean uses black bean sauce chunjang 춘장, in Beijing they use huangjiang 黃醬 or sweat bean sauce 甜麵醬, in Guangdong we use hoisin sauce 海鮮醬...  For this one, I lightly sautéed some ginger and garlic then lightly brown some ground pork; carrot dices, sweet bean sauce and hot bean sauce 辣豆瓣醬 went it for half a minute or so before water was added.  Simmer for 15 minutes to make a thick meat sauce.  That is my zhajiang mian of the day.

No comments: