Friday, September 29, 2006

Best Deal in Town

There are few better deal in town than BBQ meats in Chinatown--a pound of perfectly roasted port or half a duck is only $6. I will never understand the big deal French restaurants make over roasting a duck. Hundreds of ducks and goose are roasted in Chinatowns all over the world and sold for little more than the price of a raw duck.

A word of caution. When you are sauteing gailan and adding the traditionally recommended sugar, don't get distracted by neighbours. My neighbour's son call over to show me his new toy car. I talked to him for a couple of minutes. Meanwhile the sugar on the gailan completely 'caramalized'. Good thing there is very little sugar and the gailan remain good. If I were serving it to people, I would tell them how great gailan is on the grill. Well, I can't lie to myself; well, not very effectively anyway...

No comments: