Monday, December 25, 2006

Dacquoise

I got dessert duty for a Christmas dinner. Dessert is not exactly my forte but this is a good opportunity to try something new. Since I make meringue cookies all the time, I decided one of the dessert is going to be dacquoise. I make my usual meringue with a little less almond so it is lighter. I made two with cocao but broke one of them. I then made two without cocao, piping one to the shape of the serving plate (not in picture). The fillings are ganache (made with half cup of cream, 2oz of bittersweet and 2oz of pure dark chocolates (I ran out of bittersweet so...) folded into half cup of cream whipped) and orange butter cream (orange zest, a tablespoon of Grand Marnier, half cup of sugar, whipped in 3 egg whites in a double boiler, whipped to peak off the heat and then add in half a pound of soft butter). Works out great, the cake board help it from breaking in transit.

No comments: