Saturday, January 20, 2007

Linguine in Seafood Cream Sauce

I had eaten my share of truly awful dishes by this name, mostly at pretentious restaurants in small towns I passed by. It is not a difficult dish to make but why they messed it up so horribly always puzzles me. I made this today for dinner. A small onion is sautéed in extra virgin olive oil, then smoked coho and cook shrimps were added to it with just a touch of chili pepper, after a few stirs cream is added with just a little of nutmeg. The sauce is cooked down by half and a little thyme and oregano was added towards the end, salt and pepper too. A little parmesan cheese was add when the pasta is dressed. Although all the ingredients are just bits and pieces from the freezer, it is quite good indeed, not like those on the road.

No comments: