Sunday, March 08, 2009

Favorite Breakfast


Breakfast has to be simple and easy, who want to fuss when you've just woken, still cloudy minded, hungry and dehydrated? I love pancakes because it is just throwing a few things together and put the result on a griddle. Big and fluffy pancake are as comforting as they get too. With pancake, I like the darkest maple syrup I can get. The richness and full flavour of the dark syrup is just perfect with the simplicity of the pancake. I just don't understand the popularity of light syrup, so uninteresting. The richness of the dark syrup does call for a strong coffee to cut into it a bit. Here I have a blend of my own roasts--city roast Harrar and city + Guatemalan (Cooperative Comal)--a bittersweet chocolate, cinnamon, rich with wild flower and good acidity brew that cleanse the rich syrup so I can enjoy it anew with the next bite. Only if I had some nice thick cut double smoke maple bacon handy...

No comments: